Saturday, August 13, 2011

Looking Down: A Poem


You know that I love you,
That I never wanted to leave your side and be alone
I trusted in you and the love we shared; trusted our love when I knew I shouldn't have
Knowing that in the end you would hurt me when you said you wouldn't
I am lost about you, about the love that we share
As I look up at the stars I realize this is my last chance of happiness
I would bleed myself for you just to have your heart
I am losing my soul, all that I am as I search for you
You are in a place I cannot find until I have been chosen, for you are a love looking down
All I am left with is the memories of the happy times we once shared
I hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive the way I am coping
I never saw such a tragic ending for either of us
I keep looking back, did I miss something
Anything that would have told me to never leave your side
I partially blame myself for what has happened
If only I would have fought harder for your heart than maybe you would still be here
Instead I look up at the stars and image you are looking down on me
You know that you will always have a place in my heart...you will not be forgotten
As hard as it has been time has eased the pain, and eventually it will fade

No comments: