Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Heart's Beat

Torn between two hearts; the one that beats in my chest and the one that beats in his
A choice that must be made...the wrong one could end the hearts beat
The man that I'm so deeply in love with or that of a man who I have no choice but to love
Living in fear that the wrong choice may cause death
Death to the beating heart that fills us both with life
This man who I feel obligated to love is a powerful leader who with one word can stop your beating heart
He does not fight his own battles, they are fought for him by those sent to install fear
He thinks only of himself unless he somehow benefits 

To love him would be a loyal choice for a beating heart
The man that I am drawn too...love
A protector to all, a fighter to death
Compassion that my soul thrives on for life
Drawn to each other by mistake, forbidden to love thee
I cannot be the cause of his death, but yet I cannot stand to be without him
A man risking his life for me; to touch me...be near me
Was committed to saving me from a life of sadness has also condemned me to a life full of despair
Does his heart still beat without mine
Has he chosen to be gone forever
Will we one day be united as one heart that beats for two
My choice is to him
Chosen to lie dead beside my protector who fought until death
Who my soul thrives on for life
One beating heart is all we need

No comments: